· By participating on a debate team, students learn the about persuasion
· Research has shown that participation in debates increases students' academic
performance and increases their chances of earning a college degree.
· A school team will prepare to compete in local, regional, and national tournaments
· Many colleges offer summer programs that teach debating skills
· Students benefit from preparing for debates by honing their research skills
· Students also benefit from the experience speaking in public.